The Certificate Signing Request (CSR) involves all the information that the certificate authority needs to create your certificate. This includes the name of the account, organization name, country name, and so on.
A CSR is required to generate certificates needed for downloading the IPA file for your iOS mobile app from AppMySite.
Follow these steps to generate a CSR in your macOS system.
- Open Launchpad on your Mac system
- Navigate to the Others folder.
- Open Keychain Access.
- From the top menu bar of your MAC screen, click on Keychain Access > Certificate Assistant > Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority.
- You will now see the Certificate Assistant window on your screen.
- Enter the User Email Address and Common Name.
- You can skip the CA Email Address field.
- Select Saved to disk.
- Add a unique name for your certificate and click on Save.
- Save the certificate and find it by clicking on Show in Finder.
- Your Certificate Signing Request has been created.