This section goes through the major requirements and best practices of creating app screenshots to optimize app listing on Google Play Store.
Google Play Store specifies the exact screenshot sizes for different devices. Here are the mandatory size requirements for submitting app screenshots for the Android app.
- File Format: JPEG or 24-bit PNG (no alpha)
- Minimum dimension: 320px
- Maximum dimension: 3840px
- The maximum dimension cannot be more than twice as long as the minimum dimension.
Google Play Store Screenshot Guidelines
The guidelines for the Play Store are as follows.
- You can upload a maximum of 8 screenshot designs.
- You can upload 1 video as well.
- You must use images and videos from the app itself.
Best Practices and Sample Designs
The guidelines you can adopt for better conversions and performance of the page listing are.
- Use professional designs.
- While you can simply take the screenshots of your app, most successful apps have customized and attractive designs.
- Write short copies in large fonts.
- Highlight app features
- Add the best user reviews and ratings
- Add an explainer video
- Utilise all 8 slots for screenshots to showcase all features