A Provisioning Profile is required to define the distribution of your mobile application. These profiles define the way your app will be distributed and to which mobile devices. Without a Provisioning Profile, you cannot distribute an app through the App Store, or via any internal distribution method.
Follow these steps to create your Provisioning Profile.
- Login to your Apple Developer account.
- Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Click on the Profiles section on the left menu.
- Then click on the + button next to the Profiles title.
- Now select the App Store option under Distribution.
- Then click on the Continue button at the top right.
- Select the App ID (App Identifier) that you created in the first step, for your app from the options available in the dropdown.
- Click the Continue button to proceed to the next step.
- Select the relevant certificate and then click Continue.
- Enter a name for your Provisioning Profile.
- Click on Generate to create the Provisioning Profile.
- Select Download to download and save your Provisioning Profile.
- You can now upload both the Provisioning Profile in the iOS Build Configuration screen, under the Download module of yourAppMySite account.