AppMySite enables you to send push notifications to your app users. If your app is facing issues with push notifications, here are the diagnostic steps you can follow:
Step 1: Check if your app is configured for push notifications
If your app is not configured for push notifications, your app would not be able to receive notifications.
To check if your app is configured for push notifications, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Download screen in your AppMySite account.
- Click on Rebuild app for Android.
- Check if the Enable push notifications? toggle is enabled. If it isn’t, your Android app is not configured for push notifications.
- If the toggle is enabled, check if you’ve entered the Google Firebase Server Key and uploaded the Google Firebase Configuration file.
- Once you’ve added this information, you can start rebuilding your Android app.
- Similarly, check if push notifications are enabled for your iOS build and the necessary information from Google Firebase has been added.
Visit the following guides to learn how to configure your apps for push notifications:
Step 2: Check if push notifications are working for your Android app, but not iOS
If only your Android app is receiving notifications, you may not have uploaded an Apple push notification(APN) certificate of your iOS app to Google Firebase.
Visit the following guide to learn how to generate an APN certificate: