You can now add a bottom navigation bar to your mobile app. Streamline movement between the primary destinations of your app with a bottom navigation bar.
The new feature enables you to customize the design and buttons of the bottom navigation bar. You can also choose the destination of each button in the bottom bar.
The following steps briefly describe the process of designing your app’s bottom navigation bar:
- Go to Bottom Navigation in the App Settings
- In the Item tab, you can add an item to the bottom navigation menu. Additionally, you can enter the item name, item type, and icon.
- You can choose from a range of item types. Your app users will be directed to a specific app screen based on the item type you choose.
- Manage the order of the menu by dragging each item over the Items list. You can add up to five items to the menu.
- In the Style tab, you can choose colors for your navigation menu, border, item, and selected item.
- Preview your bottom navigation menu on the live screen on the right.
Support for bottom navigation bar is available to apps with code version 1.9.0 and higher. You can check out our release notes and read our blog to learn more about bottom navigation in mobile apps. Also, visit our support article to get more details about adding a bottom navigation bar to your app.