AppMySite now supports custom post types and taxonomies. You can now import custom post types and taxonomies created by third-party plugins to the app.
Earlier, AppMySite did not support custom posts and taxonomies created and managed with third-party plugins. The new update will allow you to show them through the side menu of your app.
Here’s how you can show custom posts and taxonomies within the app:
- Add custom post types to the primary menu of your website.
- In your AppMySite account, connect your website and app using WordPress Application Password support.
- Once your website and app are connected, go to App Settings -> App menu.
- Enable the Pick a menu from my website toggle and choose your website’s primary menu.
- Your app will now reflect the custom post you added to your website’s primary menu.
Support for custom posts & taxonomies is available for apps with code version 1.11.0 and above. The AppMySite plugin on your website must also be updated to version 3.0.0 and higher.