Almost every business has a website. As smartphone usage grows and native apps become ubiquitous, businesses are starting to consider the possibility of app development.
The main challenge is app development; especially when we consider the complexity and cost of building an app from scratch. However, you can cut through these challenges with no-code DIY tools like AppMySite that allow you to turn your website into a mobile app.
A no-code tool simplifies the process by automating the difficult parts of app development. You don’t need to be a programmer or have a storied background in coding to learn how to create an app for your business.
This article covers how you can transform your website into a native mobile app without writing a single line of code.
Turn your website into a mobile app in three easy steps
AppMySite is an automated no-code app builder that allows you to build a mobile app by using your website as a base. Since it’s a no-code tool, you’re not required to learn coding to build an app for your business.
In the following sections, we will cover how to turn your website into a mobile app.
#1: Establish website-app connectivity
The first step is connecting your website and app. The process varies depending on whether you’re connecting to a WordPress website or not.
In the following steps, you will see how the process of connectivity works for WordPress websites:
- Install the AppMySite plugin on your WordPress website. Once the installation is complete, verify the same in your AppMySite account.
- Grant access via WordPress application passwords to fully sync your website and app.
- To verify your website-app connectivity, run the troubleshooter to see if you pass all the connectivity tests.
If you have a non-WordPress website, you don’t need to do anything to connect your website and app. The mobile site pages of your website will automatically be rendered in the app. You can add native elements to your app such as a bottom bar, social icons bar, and more.
#2: Customize your app’s appearance and navigation
Within the Appearance module, you will find plenty of design features to style your app.
From customizing your app icon and launch screen to setting up the onboarding & home screens, you can fully personalize how your app looks. If the available design features are not as customizable as you’d like them to be, you can always upload your own artwork for some key assets and sections.
Next, you can add menus to your app to make navigation within it easier.
You can add two menus: a side menu and a bottom bar. You can build both menus from scratch. Simply add items, set icons, and choose item types. The items you select will set the destination for each item.
If you’re working with a WordPress website, you can also sync your site’s menu to the app.
#3: Submit your app to the app stores
Once you’re happy with how your app looks and works, simply download the Android and iOS app files from AppMySite.
You can download APK and AAB files for Android and an IPA file for iOS. These files are ready for submission, which basically means you can push them directly to the app stores via your developer accounts.
If you’ve never uploaded apps to the app stores, you can refer to AppMySite’s support articles for guidance on the same.
Advantages of converting your website to a mobile app
One question you might have is why is it necessary to build an app using your website. You can also technically build an app that’s not connected to your website.
There are many reasons why building an app using a website is actually advantageous. The following points discuss this in detail:
- Easy maintenance: When you build an app using your website, you essentially establish connectivity between the two. This will ensure your app is constantly synced with the website. You won’t need to manage your website and app separately.
- Simple development: When you connect your website and app, your app screens are created automatically as content is rendered or synced directly to your app.
- Unified management: Manage all your content from your website. All your content changes will be synced to the app. Your app’s speed, security, and performance will be dictated by your website.
Have a business website? Due to rising app usage, you may consider creating an app for your business and growing your online business.
This article covered the process of converting a website to a mobile app. With a DIY solution like AppMySite, you can do this with a few simple clicks in minutes without writing a single line of code. You can then manage your app directly via your website.