The mobile technology is turning more advanced day by day and is making our lives easier and more convenient. Mobile apps are nothing less than a wonder and the empowering technology is adding further value to it.
A huge number of apps are getting added to the stores everyday. It has become a part of our lives on a personal and professional level. Apps are also helping brands, big and small, in expanding by entering the mobile market.
With the availability of free app makers like AppMySite, getting an app for a website has become easier and affordable. Businesses are easily complementing their online stores with apps and tapping into the mobile market.
If you already have an app or are planning to get one, you must also promote it to fetch downloads and conversions. Fortunately, social media channels, and especially Facebook, are helping a great deal in getting the right exposure.
Read further and ascertain how you can use this tool in your favour. Learn to market your mobile app on Facebook in the most efficient way. Stay tuned and learn the best tips and tricks to acquire new users.
Facebook: The monarch of mobile marketing
Facebook has been relevant ever since the concept of ‘social media’ emerged. In fact, it has been the most popular and probably the first tool that domesticized the use of digital platforms for global community interaction.
The brainchild of Mark Zuckerberg and his co-workers, Facebook was introduced in the year 2004 and has been evolving constantly since its launch. The legacy of this platform deserves an altogether different article so we would stick to our core point of discussion.
Facebook, with passing time, has become more than just a community interaction platform. It has become a great marketing tool that is empowering businesses.
It can be called the monarch of mobile marketing for the following reasons:
1. Immense reach
High reach potential is the strongest point of Facebook that makes it viable for marketing. In fact, the global number of users is expected to reach 1.69 billion this year as five new profiles are being created every second.
2. Highly active users
This platform has the highest number of active users which helps in maximizing the ROI (Return on Investment) for businesses. On an average, 1.66 billion people log onto Facebook every day and qualify as active users.
3. Expanding market
Facebook is catering well to the commercial needs of businesses and is constantly evolving as a market. In fact, 42% of marketers reported that Facebook is significant to their business. It owns a huge share of mobile advertising revenue as millions of business pages are operating actively on the platform.
(Data Source: Top 75+ mobile app statistics – Market size & usage)
Perks of Facebook marketing for mobile apps
The advantages of Facebook as a business and marketing tool has a wider impact than one can generally perceive. Homegrown brands are running their entire business on Facebook and are doing quite well.
It will not be an exaggeration to state that if a business is failing in using Facebook as a viable marketing tool, they are probably doing it wrong. All one needs, is the right approach and methodology to ensure their share of success.
The most significant perks of using Facebook for marketing your mobile app are:
1. Gives global exposure
Facebook is the most widely used and the largest social networking site in the world. It is said to be the first and fastest platform to have crossed the landmark of 1 billion users. Hence, Facebook gives a global exposure to your brand and helps you reach billions of people within a matter of seconds.
2. Appeals all age groups
It is a wonderful fact that Facebook is probably the only social media platform that appeals to people of all age groups. It is quite useful for multi-generational marketing as people from every age group are active on it. Hence, besides tapping into the millennial market, you can also connect with other people who are otherwise, beyond your reach on the internet.
3. Facilitates communication
Communication is the key to success in marketing. And, Facebook is an amazing tool of communication as it offers a wide variety of customizable options. From generic posts, to messenger facilities, to the easy use of features like video, image, sound and ‘go-live’, it has all. These are the qualities that make Facebook an interesting and interactive tool for communicating with your potential & existing consumers.
4. Easy to use interface
One significant feature of the tool is that it has an amazingly user-friendly interface. It has a suitable on-boarding feature and the tools are also easy to use. It is easier for users to commit the action that you want them to, on Facebook. Most of the advertisements just merge with their newsfeed. It makes your content appealing, easy to grasp and more action provoking from your users’ end.
5. Highly pocket friendly
While Facebook remains absolutely free for users, it has nominal charges and packages for those who want to make a commercial use of it. Many business options like creating a page, come for free. Even if you go for the paid services like advertisements, install ad campaigns, and more, it does not burn a hole in your pocket. It is more affordable than many other advertising tools and is highly result-oriented.
6. Immediate feedback & insights
Unlike the traditional tools of marketing like SMS, E-mail, television, outdoor marketing, and so on and so forth, you don’t have to wait for the results. You can start seeing the impact of your campaign on Facebook immediately after you put it out. People start commenting, sharing and interacting with the content and it can give you a crisp and immediate idea of the feedback and insights of the performance.
7. Unmatched business support
With passing time, Facebook has evolved itself to cater to the varied needs of businesses and brands. It is helping businesses across the globe, in carving a niche for themselves. Besides allowing them to interact with millions of social media users, it is also aiding the process of selling products, hiring staff, branding, marketing, promotion, and more. The Facebook Marketplace is one such unique endeavour that is one of its kind marketing & reseller store.
8. Boosts brand image & web traffic
Facebook can help you a great deal in popularizing your brand and boosting its image. For instance, even if a company has negligible SEO presence and strength, its Facebook page can appear in the Google searches if somebody types the name on the search engine. From here, you can ultimately redirect your users to the app or website. Hence, we can say that Facebook also boosts your brand recall value and recognition and increases traffic.
Proceed with a robust plan and strategy
Facebook marketing campaigns are a no-brainer and are really easy to set-up. Besides, it also ensures higher returns and absolute payback of the resources you invest.
However, to make the most of the resources at your disposal, you must invest it smartly and procced with the right approach and strategy.
Go through the detailed five-pointer guide below and proceed accordingly:
1. Conduct ample research
It is important that you know the strengths and weaknesses of your business and conduct a thorough research. Research is the most significant step for the success of any endeavour.
To invest your time, money & efforts wisely, assess and channelize the following:
- Budget: Budget determines the framework of your campaign. It is important that you gauge the various aspects related to it and make necessary arrangements. Study the requirements and gather resources like the manpower, the technical assistance, the infrastructure, or more, that you will require.
- USP: Determine the USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of your brand and emphasize on marketing it. This will help you in standing out from the crowd and carving a niche for yourself. You can find out what is unique about your products or your brand and build a campaign around it.
- Audience: The huge reach of Facebook should not lead to the dissipation of your resources or your content. Identify your lookalike target audience and segregate them on the basis of their location, age, gender, community, language preferences, likes & dislikes, or more. This will help you in resizing, sampling and reaching the right people.
- Competition: Having a first-hand knowledge of your industry competitors is a smart strategy. By doing so, you can discover what is trending in the market, what worked for them & what not, and ultimately save your efforts from going in vain. However, always focus on learning but be original with ideas and content.
2. Determine business goals
To keep your marketing campaign on the right track from start to end, you must have pre-determined goals that are beneficial and reasonable. Understand the purpose of your Facebook marketing campaign and set targets accordingly.
You can take your cue from the list discussed below:
- Monetary targets: If you have a conversion target in mind that you want to achieve, you must have a plan. Choose your plan and chalk out your monetization strategy accordingly. You can use the popular revenue models and theories to garner the desired sales number, or in your case, the number of app downloads.
Technical goals: It is important that you set up technical goals as well. For instance, achieving the desired number of impressions, likes, comments or more in your desired location. However, if you feel that you are not equipped enough to carry out an entire campaign, you can seek professional help from marketing agencies or Facebook.
Determined duration: You must have a timeline framed for your Facebook campaign to minimize wastage of hours. It can have a huge impact on your success and your marketing strategy as well. While some may charge you more for longer campaigns, others may give bulk packages. Craft your marketing strategy as per your needs, manpower and your pocket.
Aim of the campaign: Besides earning app downloads and popularizing it, you can aim for a variety of things. This can include active user acquisition, traffic surge & conversions, promotion of products & offers, re-engagement of lapsed users, or more. Set a definite aim and end to end execution plan for the campaign and work towards achieving it.
3. Design a robust campaign
Facebook is probably the safest, easiest and highly productive platform that can give a huge leap to your business. After building an organized system of resources, you can proceed to ideate and execute the campaign.
Focus on the things listed here and design an unmatchable campaign:
- Creativity: It is the key element that has the power to hook the audience and inspire desired action. Design a creative campaign with smart use of elements like images, text, videos, gifs, infographics, action buttons, or more, to convey your message. Enrich your copy with brand taglines, slogans, campaign calls, and more.
Execution: Ultimately, it is the vigorous execution of your campaign that will test your preparations and determine the success. Be strategic and take one step at a time for roundabout coverage. You can create page, generate content, explore adverts and ad manager, partner with influencers and even go for paid or unpaid promotions.
- Interaction: People take special interest in marketing campaigns that triggers their mind and interacts with them directly. Create an engaging campaign and encourage user participation by designing contests, challenges, quizzes, and more. Urge your audience to be a part of it by using the hashtags to promote your campaign trail, try your app or generate content themselves.
- Call to action: The netizens have a tendency of not committing any useful action unless asked to. You will certainly not want to lose such consumers. So, it is important that you include a strong and compelling CTA (Call to Action) prompt or button. Choose from the pre-designed menu by Facebook or go for Open, Install, Buy Now, etc.
4. Create an unending buzz
The marketing industry is turning more fascinating with the passing time. Advertisements are turning into campaigns and campaigns are turning into stories. It means that people are also marketing their campaigns to drive higher engagements.
You can populate your campaign by practising the list discussed below:
- Creating hype: You can create a hype around your marketing campaign days before the launch of it. This will help in driving your existing list of audience towards the campaign and also engage new users. You can also send push notifications, send SMS or Email alerts and ask people to join your Facebook community. Build immense curiosity and then cash it.
- Building social proof: Trust and validation play a big role in earning long term and loyal users. Garner enough social proof by asking people to drop ratings & reviews and responding to their feedback. You can also share actual or tweaked data of already earned downloads & installations, testimonials from existing users, and more, to earn their trust and attention.
- Promoting cross-platform: Yes, you heard it right! Don’t just limit your Facebook ad campaign to the channel itself. Invite the audience on other platforms to engage with your Facebook campaign by cross promoting it on those platforms. Share customized copies on other Social Media channels like Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and more.
- Making additional efforts: Besides using social media and conventional marketing tools, you can promote your campaign in a variety of other ways. Engage in Celebrity or Influencer Marketing, Content Marketing, and more. You can also promote word of mouth by using the referral & rewards technique. Ask users to share your campaign and incentivize them.
5. Analyze results & reignite
The best marketers and business owners do not get affected by the result of their campaign but focus on learning from it. Your campaign too, might get its own share of taste of success and somethings might also end up failing.
Many things, seemingly understated, might turn out to be viable. Hence, it will be smart of you to deeply analyze the results and reinvent the strategies for future.
You can have own parameters or consider the ones discussed below:
- Impressions: It is the most quantifiable way of measuring data driven results. Note the total number of responses, impressions or installations, transactions, purchases, and more that you earned, to calculate the empirical success of the campaign.
- Traffic Surge: Calculate the sum total of the traffic surge or fluctuation that took place. It denotes the number of people who noticed your campaign and interacted with it. This determines how noticeable and eye-catching your campaign was.
- Conversions: Monetary gains determine the ultimate impact of the marketing endeavour. See if your sales are at par with your targets or not. Analyze the data for income or revenue and see how many conversions you achieved for every fixed amount that you spent.
- Impact: Rely on your own marketing senses and measure the overall impact of the campaign. Use the insights to aid the process of designing new business & marketing ideas. Reinvent your approach accordingly and set new goals for further success.
The mobile market is all yours now!
This was the end-to-end study and guide for using Facebook as a marketing tool for promoting your mobile app. Despite having this thorough analytical guide, you will need patience, efforts and perseverance to carve out and implement the marketing strategy.
As billions of businesses and brands are already using Facebook for promoting their brand, you can be sure of a remarkable output too. However, if you still don’t have an app, then convert your WooCommerce site to mobile app with AppMySite.
You have your amazing business & quality products. You also have us to guide you through the process of making app and promoting it. So, there is no reason to wait at all! Enter the mobile market and get an edge over your competitors now! Get going folks!