The advent of mobile application technology has changed the world around us. The scenario of mobile apps in the healthcare sector is also evolving. With the ever-upgrading changes and updates, it is becoming better each day.
Software driven medical devices have been in the picture since decades. The revolution in app technology, is further strengthening these virtually driven healthcare endeavours. It is bringing facilities to our doorsteps and making lives easier.
As smartphones have elevated from being a luxury to a need, apps are becoming a part of our daily lives. Healthcare apps are being used by doctors, patients and medical staff to exchange information and commodities.
The availability of free online app maker tools like AppMySite, have made it accessible for all. Businesses, brands and even healthcare providers are getting apps for their online stores.
One such revolutionary example is the popularity of pharmacy apps. Read further to find out more about pharma mobile apps. Stay tuned and learn how you can put up your own drugstore in the rapidly growing world of mCommerce.
Mobile app technology in health services
Mobile apps are not a novelty anymore in the world of healthcare. The services are being driven through apps in a variety of ways. From monitoring health & fitness to maintaining patient history, apps are being used for all.
While the health bloggers are propagating information through apps, pharmaceutical companies are selling medicinal supplies online. It will not be an exaggeration to state that mobile app technology will shape the future of healthcare.
The following factors listed below, further strengthen this belief:
- App stores already host more than 318,000 mobile health apps
- More than 200 new healthcare apps are added to stores everyday
- More people prefer immediate or virtual healthcare facility these days
- New technologies are curing various ailments more smartly & securely
- Healthcare mobile app market is set to generate USD 111 billion by 2025
- Global online pharmacy market is to generate USD 150,891+ million by 2027
Pharmacy Apps: The boon for mankind
As lives are getting busier and time has become a luxurious commodity, less people want to go out and shop for their necessities. Hence, it is not just clothes, gadgets and accessories that people are shopping online. The trend of online medicine ordering is gaining popularity and more people are opting for it.
In fact, for many people, especially for the old & ailing ones, it is becoming a boon. There are many remote retail shops that are also ordering medicines in bulk from manufacturing pharmaceutical companies, and making it easily available for people around them.
Some of the most significant advantages of pharmacy apps have been listed below:
- Abundant supply: Medicine is a necessary supply, often needed urgently or within a short notice of time. As the order is often placed directly to the bulk suppliers and pharmaceutical companies, shortage is not an issue. Individuals, and even retailers, can easily make orders on app and retrieve parked orders as and when convenient.
- Ease of accessibility: Apps are bridging the gaps of infrastructure and bringing the world closer. Immediate access to data, health facilities, information, supplies and more, is improving the experience for patients and easing the job for doctors. Hence, apps further ease the process by allowing instant online & offline accessibility and easy to use interface.
- Unified data management: Cloud based data management systems integrated in apps, can make lives easier for both, patients and suppliers. One-point access can be used to receive, send or monitor prescriptions, validate them, check inventory stock & order history, and more.
- Administrative management: Hospitals & clinics are already benefiting by implementing app technology for managing administrative tasks. The same format of centralised management unit can be used by pharmacy companies. Such apps can make the system more efficient and error-free.
- Misuse prevention: Abusive or mala fide usage of drugs is a reality. This can be widely abated as apps function in a controlled environment. One can ensure linking of identifications and scrutiny of prescriptions before supplying sensitive drugs. It can allow instant order history access and help limit the quantity of delivery per order and thereby, prevent misuse.
- Service transparency: Apps that give a detailed insight to patients about the functional standards of the company are trusted widely. It helps in making the services more transparent and lucrative. The more organized and easily accessible system of information like details of each drugs in description, and more, helps increase transparency and elevate brand value and authenticity.
- Tracking, monitoring & more: Apps are becoming more efficient and empowered with the integration of AI and other technologies. It is also easier for both buyers and suppliers to place the order & monitor it at every stage with an app. People can easily apply discounts and view the invoices. They can also curate their order and park it to buy later. Thus, apps can also help in reducing cart abandonment.
Top picks: 5 pharmacy apps that can give you goals
The pharmacy industry is evolving itself with the mobile technology and becoming more advanced each day. It is doing more than just supplying medicines. Everybody, from retailers to individual consumers are becoming a part of this app-based supply chain and changing lives for better.
Although plagiarism is a big no-no, it is always smart to learn from the heavyweights and industry competitors. Check out our top picks and know how the existing pharmacy apps are giving goals to the aspiring ones.
Our top choices of pharmacy apps, in no order of priority, include the following:
Epocrates is a leading name in the US that comes with a range of features. The app offers abundant information on patients, drugs, diagnostics and diseases. It has many smart and advanced features such as a pill identifier, drug calculator, and more, that help in monitoring and maintaining the dosage as well. Epocrates is available for the Android & iOS users and is quite popular for purchasing medicines.
NetMeds is another pharmacy app that is changing the scenario of the industry. It is a popular name across the Indian subcontinent that offers medicines and a range of personal care and wellness products. The owners have a dynamic legacy of over 100 years in the pharmacy business and have become a trusted name in the digital world too. Their app is available for both Android & iOS users and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store.
#3 Rite Aid
Rite Aid is yet another popular name of the pharmacy sector in the US. A product of the Rite Aid Corporation, it operates a chain of drugstores in the US, the third largest of its kind there. It has evolved with time and become more than just a medicine ordering app. People can also use its app for purchasing diet & fitness products, opting for immunization services, avail benefits of insurance programs, and more.
MedAdvisor, as it claims, is the most popular app based medical adherence program in Australia. The app allows user to avail a number of benefits like curating medication list, ordering prescriptions, setting reminders to take medicines, and so much more. It works like a medical assistant and empowers both doctors and patients by bridging the gap and facilitating communication between them.
Pharmacy2U, originally started as an online pharmacy store in 2000 by Daniel Lee, has become the most popular medicine delivery app in the UK. It allows customers to order and manage their prescriptions at any time, from anywhere and delivers medication to their doorsteps free of cost. It is one of the most fast growing and trusted names in the world of pharmacy in the United Kingdom. Customers can easily download the Android or iOS apps from the stores and register to start ordering.
Set up a mobile store without any hassle
You can easily set up your own pharmacy app store with AppMySite. All you need is to register and enter basic details. You can immediately start building your app. Once you have ensured all the features listed below, you can test it on the simulator for free and proceed to publish.
Ensure the following features in your app for a robust performance:
- Simplified user on-boarding: The immediate and long-term experience of your users should be satisfying enough to keep them hooked. A complex signup process can lead to immediate abandonment of the app. Hence, make the registration process simple and offer multiple sign-up and log-in options like Google and Facebook. The splash screen, landing pages and the app interface should all be coherent and compel users to stay.
- Smooth & layered navigation: Many of your customers will likely be ailing patients. Hence, the very purpose of offering them an app for ease and convenience should be kept in mind. Ensure everything that your app users are looking for, is available at their fingertips by enabling layered navigation. Build a premium native app that is responsive & fast and offers an unmatched experience. Think from the perspective of the users and design the icon, function buttons, pages and screens accordingly.
- Smart product search & filter: Help your users achieve their shopping goals with smart searching, filtering and sorting options. Users should be able to filter medicines and products based on various options like company, disease, composition, order history, and more. Design and enlist products & product variations intuitively. Display important announcements, sales, offers and more, on the banner to have the users hooked from the very start of the session-time.
- Seamless payment & checkout: This is the sale point that changes your traffic & engagements into conversions. Give it special priority and make the checkout process smooth and easy. Allow people to modify their cart, claim insurance, view taxes, apply discounts and promo code at this point. Also integrate multiple payment gateways that cater to varied locations and currencies. It will help you in covering a wider demography and hence, boost your revenue.
- Additional features & benefits: You can broaden the scope of your brand by being more than just a medicine ordering app. Add other features and benefits and enrich customers’ experience with information and entertainment. You can walk that extra mile and see what your competitors are doing. Do not forget to opt for personalized offerings and interact with your consumers on a regular basis. You can also go for the in-app marketing and publicity techniques like Push Notifications. Communicate the new offers and updates or send trend and price drop alerts to your customers and boost conversions.
Suggested Read: Unleash the power of push notifications for your healthcare app
Tap into the mobile market with AppMySite
We have had an end-to-end discussion about the viability and potential of pharmacy apps. By now, you must be aware of the many benefits of having an app for your business and must be surging of multiple ideas of your own.
It is high time that you channelize this thoughtful energy and harness the potential of revamping the healthcare sector by getting an app for your online pharmacy store. Make the lives of your regular consumers easier by facilitating quick medicine ordering and delivery.
Take ideas from this article and chalk out your plan for tapping into the mobile market. Get in touch with AppMySite and convert your WooCommerce website to mobile app. You can also create a WordPress app if you are just a health blogger and educate people with the latest trends in the health and pharmaceutical industry.
Go ahead and claim your territory. Build an app and get an edge over your competitors. May the force of technology be with you!