The biggest achievement of app makers like AppMySite is making app development accessible. No longer do businesses have to think about the dreaded trifecta (cost, time, and complexity) when the prospect of app development comes up. It has never been easier to launch a mobile app.
Even though you can create an app in minutes, there are some factors you must still consider. Development may be easy, but app success and growth remains a formidable challenge. The last thing you need is to launch an app without acknowledging the challenges of making it a success.
Before you think of development, it is thus wise to consider matters like app idea validation, choice of app maker, essential features, marketing strategy, and more.
This article covers five essential points you should consider before choosing no-code app development.
#1 – Evaluate your requirements
When you choose no-code app making, you are essentially bypassing custom app development. You would naturally have your own unique reasons for choosing no-code development.
Generally, there are three factors that drive people away from code-based development -time, money, and overall complexity.
These reasons play a crucial role in shaping your exact requirements.
You first need to consider your own requirements. Not all app makers are the same. Not every no-code app making solution offers the same set of features and functionality. This is the point where you need to list down the features and functions you need your app to perform.
Your requirements should generally vary depending on your core app idea and target audience. Some businesses only need a small app with simple features and a few screens. Others require more elaborate features.
The features and functions you need will end up determining the type of app maker you eventually choose. Here are some of the steps you can follow to flesh out your requirements-
- Validate app idea – Before you start listing your requirements, there is first a need to flesh out your app idea. You need to research your market and audience in order to validate your app idea. This is an important first step because it helps you identify the value of your idea before the possibility of development arises.
- The USP – Simply validating an app idea is not enough. You need to have a clear picture of how you plan on setting your app apart from others competing brands. Your USP may be down to a feature you want to provide or offering tapping into a unique demand with a niche audience.
- Your requirements – Make a list of every feature and function you expect your app to perform. No-code app makers tend to fulfill most of the needs new businesses have before launching an app. Making a list of requirements basically helps you establish a clear vision for your app.
After you figure out your requirements, the next step is becoming familiar with no-code app development. Not all app makers are the same. You need to become familiar with an online app builder that meets your exact needs.
#2 – Familiarity with no-code app development
No-code app making simplifies development by removing coding from the equation. There is still a need to become familiar with codeless development though. While it is much simpler than custom app development, there are many options and ways to create an app without code.
There are chiefly two different ways to app makers work –
a. Creating apps from websites
This basically involves app creation with the help of an existing website. This is the most popular form on no-code app development. AppMySite is a prime example of this trend. You can turn WordPress website to Android & iOS app with AppMySite.
There are many advantages in creating an app with the help of a website. Some of the advantages are listed below-
- Easy management – You can manage your app by making changes on your website. There is no need to manage a special app backend to update and manage app content. Your website is essentially a backend for your mobile app as well.
- Website-app synchrony – Creating apps from websites ensures both remain in sync. This is essential when you are trying to provide a uniform experience across both platforms.
- Faster development – Development is faster with this option because you can quickly import website resources to the app.
b. Creating apps without website
Many app makers enable users to create an app without a website to leverage as a foundation. These platforms are also codeless.
In these platforms, you need to provide a source to import content onto the app. The process of bringing content to the app is the most challenging part here. You need to create a database of content to fill up the app. This can be very challenging for someone without any prior experience of dealing with app development and data storage.
Bringing such an app close to your established vision can be very tedious. Creating an app from websites is much better in this regard because your app is automatically populated with website content. In other words, your app immediately seems more complete and ready for launch with the first option.
#3 – Selecting the right no-code app maker
Once you’re familiar with the vagaries of no-code app development, it is time to choose an app maker.
There are many top no-code app makers you can use to create mobile apps. The variety of options available often make the task even more difficult. The best way to choose the right app maker is taking into account essential factors. The following points cover some of the factors you need to consider-
- Affordability – One of the main reasons people choose no-code app development is money. It is thus natural for people to choose an app maker based on how affordable the subscription plans are. Look over the features every app maker provides and compare the price.
- Multi-platform support – It is always better to have your app on both Google Play and App Store. It establishes a sense of legitimacy to your app. Choose an app maker that provides support for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Website-app sync – The points made earlier clearly state the advantages of creating apps from websites. It is thus wise to choose an app maker with complete website-app sync. This will make the overall development process smooth and fast.
- App testing – App makers make development easy, but there are other facets in the process as well. You should choose an app maker that provides comprehensive app testing features. This includes the ability to preview the app on live emulators as well as real mobile devices.
- App performance – No app really has a shot at making it big with poor performance. Make sure the app maker you select enables you to develop an app with decent performance standards.
- Customer support – You are bound to have questions when working on an app. It is possible that you find the need to turn to customer support when developing your app. Thus, make sure that the app maker you select has a robust customer service system.
When you find an app maker that meets all these factors, compare your requirements with its offerings. Modern-day app makers generally meet most requirements people have before app development.
#4 – Using add-on services
Many app makers provide value-added add-on services. These add-ons can help streamline many tenets of an app, from design to performance and marketing.
Anyone serious about launching a mobile app and making it a success should think about buying add-ons. Like plugins on a WordPress website, add-ons help enhance the functionality of an app.
You should consider the possibility of buying add-on services before development for a number of reasons. Add-ons help you immediately streamline certain parts of your app.
AppMySite is a prime example of a platform that provides a ton of add-ons. You can get a whole range of crucial things done with add-ons such as app design, app store optimization, app speed enhancement, language support, and more. You can get these things delivered for your app and improve it across different verticals.
Make a list of add-ons you intend on buying to improve your app. Every app maker will naturally have a different set of add-ons. You can thus make a choice based on your unique requirements.
#5 – App launch and marketing strategy
Lastly, it is never wise to jump into app development without a clear go-to-market plan. You can easily create an app with no-code app makers, but marketing them to the right audience takes a lot of effort and analysis.
You need to have a perfect pitch for your app even before getting started with development. Having a basic pitch will basically give you more confidence and clarity on the overall prospects of your mobile app. This will also end up shaping your launch and app marketing strategy.
One of main reasons apps fail to hit the ground running is a lack of marketing strategy. You need to have a clear picture of your marketing strategy before thinking of development. Here are a few things you must know-
- The pitch – What is the angle and hook of your marketing pitch? Many things can change in a marketing campaign, but not the basic process you employ to write copy for a marketing asset. Make a list of all the angles and hooks you plan on deploying to convert prospects into customers and users.
- The channels – How do you plan on getting users to your app? Do you plan on running app install ads on search engines or social media platforms? Identify the primary channels you plan on using to promote your app.
- Retention or acquisition – There are two main schools of thought when it comes to app marketing – retention and acquisition. A retention mindset basically implies that you are more interested in retaining users. An acquisition mindset contrarily means you are solely focusing on bringing in new users. Take an approach that suits your business most.
Once you have a marketing strategy ready, it is time to build your app. Keep experimenting with your app design and features until you create something that truly matches your vision.
App development is a fairly simple process because of no-code app making tools. Even building an ecommerce app is simple as anyone can convert WooCommerce site to mobile app with AppMySite.
Development is thus not a challenge anymore.
However, there are still a host of points you must consider before jumping head first into no-code app development. This piece brings to light some things you must think about before developing your app with an app maker.