Once you create an AppMySite account, you can get started with designing your app. The first step is creating an icon for your mobile app. You can create an icon by either designing it with the tools available or uploading your own premade design. The following sections cover both options.
Customise it yourself
Simply click on the Create button and get started with the design tools available. The following points discuss the same:
- Background color: Click on the color selector and choose the background color for the icon. You also have the option of entering a hex code or RGB values to choose a color.
- App icon text: Enter the text you’d like to add to the app icon. You can enter a maximum of 3 characters.
- Font: Select the font for the app icon text from the options available in the drop-down menu.
- Font size: Select font size for the app icon text from the drop-down menu.
- Color: Click on the color selector and choose the font color for the icon. You also have the option of entering a hex code or RGB values to choose a font color.
Preview the design of your app icon on the live screen.
Upload a pre-designed icon
Select this option if you want to upload a premade icon design. Follow the steps below to upload your own icon design:
- Click on the Upload button in the top right corner.
- Click on the Upload app icon window to upload your design file.
- You can also drag and drop the image to the upload icon window.
- Once the icon is uploaded, resize & reposition the image based on your reference
- Click on CROP & SAVE to save the icon design.
- Click on NEXT to save your app icon and proceed.
Your design file must meet the following specifications.
- File format: JPG or JPEG
- Minimum size: 1024 x 1024 px
Download app icon
You can view and download the original image you uploaded for the app icon in case you misplace it. The following steps explain the process in detail:
- Login to your AppMySite account.
- Go to App icon under Appearance.
- You will find your current app icon here. Below the icon, click on See original image.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can view and download your original image.