The App Monetization feature enables you to display ads in your Android app. In this section, we will discuss the steps required to display Google AdMob ads on your mobile device.
You will need a Google AdMob account and Ad Unit ID to show ads in your app. Select the AdMob icon on the Android screen in the App Monetization module to sign-in to your AdMob account. You will be able to find your AdMob ID here. Visit this article to learn how to find your Ad Unit ID
- Navigate to App Monetization > Android in your AppMySite account.
- Click on Settings for any app screen where you wish to display ads and turn on the toggle.
- Enter the following details for the app screen where you wish to show ads:
- Ad unit ID: Enter the Ad unit ID for this page from your Google AdMob account
- Ad Position: Select where you want to place the ad on the screen (Top or Bottom)
- Ad Type: Select the ad type. (Currently AppMySite only supports Banner ads)
- Ad Size: Select the size of the ad (width x height = 320 x 50)
- Repeat the above step for all the screens you want to display ads on. You can preview the ad placement on the live screen.
- Click on Save when you’re done.
The ads will be loaded in your app directly from your AdMob account. To finally show your ads in the app, make sure you configure your build for Google AdMob. Visit the Android build configuration screen to connect your app to Google AdMob.
It can take up to two weeks for a new AdMob account to be reviewed. You may need to wait until your AdMob account is reviewed and approved before seeing ads in your Android app.