AppMySite provides support for the WooCommerce Checkout Field Editor plugin. This means you can use the Checkout Field Editor plugin to customize both website and app checkout.
The checkout page you design for your WooCommerce store using the plugin will be shown during app checkout as well.
Support for the Checkout Field Editor plugin is available for apps with code version 1.4.0 and above and plugins with code version 2.8.0 and above.
How to use the Checkout Field Editor plugin to customize checkout?
The first step is downloading the Checkout Field Editor on your WooCommerce website. The steps below explain the process:
- Download the Checkout Field Editor plugin from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to your WordPress backend and navigate to Plugins.
- Select Add New and click on Upload Plugin. Then upload the zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Activate the plugin once the installation is complete.
- Go to Checkout fields under WooCommerce on your WordPress backend. You can start customizing your checkout fields now.
The Checkout Field Editor plugin enables you to customize three checkout pages:
- Shipping: You can customize the shipping page by adding fields like address, customer name, contact info, and more.
- Billing: You can add fields generally found on a billing page such as customer name, email and more.
- Additional: You can create an additional checkout page. This page will appear after the shipping and billing pages next to the order notes.
There are a ton of options you can leverage when it comes to managing the field types, validation rules, placeholder texts, and even adding new fields.
The checkout page you design will automatically sync with your mobile app as well. You only need to make sure your app is running on code version 1.4.0 or above.