WordPress Application Passwords enable website owners to generate a unique token in order to authorize a REST API request. Using Application Passwords, you can authorize third-party applications to make REST API requests from your website.
You can connect your WordPress website with the app using Application Password support. It is recommended that you establish connectivity on AppMySite using WordPress Application Password to avoid connectivity issues in the future.
The following sections highlight the steps you need to follow to connect your website and app with WordPress Application Passwords.
Generate WordPress Application Password
Follow the steps below to generate a WordPress Application Password on your website’s admin panel:
- Login to your WordPress website’s admin panel as the administrator.
- Install and activate the AppMySite plugin on your website. If you already have the plugin installed on your website, make sure it is updated to version 3.0.0 or higher.
- Navigate to Users->Profile. Scroll down to the Application Passwords section.
- Enter a name for your application password and click on Add New Application Password. Copy the password generated.
Connect and Verify
Follow the steps below to connect your website and app using the Application Password generated in the previous section:
- Login to your AppMySite account and navigate to Connectivity.
- On the Install Plugin screen, click on verify. This will verify whether the AppMySite plugin is installed and activated on your website.
- Go to the Grant Access screen and turn on the WordPress toggle.
- Enter your website’s administrator email and paste the application password generated earlier.
- Click on Verify. If the connection is successful, you’ll be redirected to the App Preview screen. In case the connection is unsuccessful, visit the Troubleshooting screen to diagnose and fix the connectivity issues you’re facing.
Using an application password to connect your website and app is essential for enabling login & signup support for blog & CMS pages website types, supporting custom post taxonomy, and more.
Support for Application Passwords is available for AppMySite plugins with code version 3.0.0 and higher. Simply update your AppMySite plugin to the latest version to use Application password support to connect your website and app.