An App ID (or App Identifier) is used to identify one or more applications in Apple’s ecosystem. It consists of two components listed below:
- Team ID
- Bundle ID search string
App Identifier is a mandatory requirement for generating an iPhone Provisioning Profile. Take a look at the following steps that will guide you to create an App Identifier (App ID).
- Log in to your Apple developer account.
- Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Select Identifiers from the panel on the left.
- Click on + next to the Identifiers title.
- You’ll now be presented with multiple options for identifier types.
- Select App IDs then click on Continue to proceed.
- Select App
- Enter a description of the identifier (You can enter your app name)
- Enter Bundle ID.
- Select the box next to Associated Domains and AutoFill Credential Provider if KeyChain access is enabled in your iOS build.
- Scroll down and select Push Notifications and Sign in with Apple under the Register an App ID section.
- Then click on Continue to proceed.
- You’ll now be asked to confirm your App ID.
- Click on Register to confirm the app identifier that you’ve created.
- Your App Identifier has been created.