You can now show custom post types and taxonomies created by third-party plugins in your mobile app.
A number of WordPress plugins create custom post types and taxonomies on your website. This includes LMS solutions, directory listing plugins, real estate listings, and more.
AppMySite provides support for custom post types. If a plugin creates custom posts and taxonomies on your website, you can now sync them to your app.
Follow the steps below to import custom post taxonomies and post types to your app:
- To enable custom post taxonomies, you first need to connect your WordPress website and app using Application Password support. Visit the Help Centre article below to learn more:
Read: Establish connectivity using WordPress Application Password support
- On your WordPress website’s admin panel, navigate to Appearance > Menus.
- Choose your primary menu and add the custom posts you’d like to show in the app.
- Now navigate to Menu screen in the Settings module of your AppMySite account. Select the box next to Pick a menu from my website.
- Select your primary menu.
- Your app will now reflect your website’s custom posts in the app.
- To render these posts in webview, navigate to Settings > Posts. To show custom posts in the app exactly as they appear on your website, turn on the Web View toggle.
Support for custom post taxonomies requires connectivity via Application passwords. Your AppMySite plugin version must be 3.0.0 or higher to support application passwords.