You can enable Google and Apple login for your iOS app. The sections below explain how you can enable social login options for your iOS app.
Generate Google Firebase Configuration file
Follow the steps below to generate a Google Firebase Configuration file for your iOS app:
- Sign up for your Google Firebase account. Once you sign up for an account, create a new project. You can enter any project name you like, and even choose to connect your Google Analytics account with it. Visit our Help Centre article on how to create a Firebase Project.
Read: Create a Firebase project
- Once your project is created, you’ll be directed to your Firebase account’s dashboard.
- Click on the iOS icon on the main screen.
- On a new page, enter your iOS app’s bundle ID and app name. Click on Register app.
- Click the button to download the googleservice-info.plist.
- Again hit Next for the following step click Continue to Console at the end.
Enable social login while creating the build
Follow the steps below to enable social login in your AppMySite account:
- Go to Download in your AppMySite account and select Build iOS app.
- You’ll be directed to the iOS build configuration screen. Upload the necessary iOS certificates. Copy your app’s bundle ID from the top right of the screen.
- While creating your App Identifier in your Apple developer account, under the Register an Apple Id section, check the boxes against Push Notifications and Sign in with Apple*
- *This step is mandatory as Apple only enables sign-in from other social accounts when Sign-in with Apple is enabled too. Click here for more information on how you can create your app identifier.
- Turn on the Enable social login toggle below Google Firebase on the iOS build configuration screen.
- Upload the Google Firebase Configuration file from your Firebase account.
- Click on Build app to generate your iOS build.
1. You need to be on a paid subscription plan to enable the social login feature in the app.
2. You can enable the feature for all Android and iOS apps with code version 1.7.0 and above.
3. You will need only one Firebase account to enable social login for both Android and iOS.