Validating WooCommerce ownership enables you to populate your mobile app with products and categories from your website. However, we recommend establishing connectivity with WordPress Application Passwords.
Visit the article below to establish connectivity between your app and website using WordPress Application Passwords:
Read: Establish connectivity using Application Passwords
Connecting the website with the mobile app is a mandatory step before publishing the app on prominent app stores.
Generate WooCommerce REST API keys
This step is required for WooCommerce websites only.
Enter your WooCommerce REST API keys in the API Details sections.
- Log-in to the backend of your WordPress website
- Click on WooCommerce and open Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab in the WooCommerce settings
- Click on REST API. You will have to select the Add key button and fill out the following details
- Description: Enter a friendly name for easy identification
- User: Select the administrator of the website
- Permission: Select Read/Write from the drop-down menu
- You will find the generated REST API keys
Click here for a detailed step-by-step guide to generating the WooCommerce REST API keys
Enter API Keys in your AppMySite account
Follow the steps below to enter your API keys in your AppMySite account:
- Login to your AppMySite account and navigate to Connectivity > API details
- Paste the generated Consumer Key in this WooCommerce Consumer Key field.
- Paste the generated Consumer Secret in this WooCommerce Consumer Secret field.
Facing connectivity error?
If you are facing a connection error after entering the API keys, it is important that the following prerequisites are met:
- CS & CK must belong to an Administrator user.
- CS & CK must have both read & write permissions.
- Your website must have a valid SSL certificate.
- Permalink must be set to Post Name.
CS and CK stand for Consumer Secret and Consumer Key respectively.
If you meet the aforementioned prerequisites and still face a connection error, you can troubleshoot the connectivity between your app and website.
Force authentication as query string
This is a solution to validate WooCommerce ownership in case the HTTP Authorisation Enabled test fails in the connectivity troubleshooter. Follow the steps below to implement this solution.
- Turn on the Force Authentication as Query String toggle below the REST API fields in the API Details section.
- Enter the REST API keys and select Submit.
Your website will start syncing with the mobile app upon the correct submission of the REST API details. A pop-window will confirm the successful connection between the website and the mobile app.
You can always get in touch with us if the connectivity problem persists. Clicking the (?) icon on the top right and selecting the “Email Support” option. Our support team will get back to you.