On AppMySite, you can send unlimited push notifications to your app users. To send notifications to your app users, it is mandatory to enable notifications while before your app build.
Watch our video tutorial to configure push notifications in your Android build.
The following sections explain the process of enabling push notifications on your Android app:
Enable push notification while creating the build
Follow the steps below to send push notifications to your Android users:
- To send push notifications to your app users, login to your AppMySite account and go to Download from the side menu.
- Select the Build Android app button under Android. If you already have a live app on Google, select the Rebuild app button.
- You will be directed to the Android build configuration screen. Copy the bundle ID from the top right of the screen.
- Turn on the Enable push notifications toggle.
- Enter the Google Firebase Server Key and Google Firebase Configuration file. The following section explains how to generate the Firebase Server Key and Configuration file.
Generate Firebase Server key and Configuration file
- Sign in to your Google Firebase account. If you have a Gmail ID, you can simply sign in with your email ID from here.
- After logging in, create a new project for your mobile app.
- After setting up your Google Analytics, your project will be created and you will arrive on your Firebase dashboard.
- Click on the Android icon on the main screen. You will be next directed to a new page. Enter your Android package name (copy the bundle ID from your AppMySite account) and app name. You can skip the step to add the SHA-1 key.
- Click on Register app when you’re done entering the info.
- Download the google-services.json file.
- Click on the Settings icon in the left panel on the top left and select Project Settings. Navigate to the Cloud Messaging tab.
- Copy the server key. It will be available under Project Credentials.
Generate your Android build
Follow the steps to generate your Android build:
- Go to the Android build configuration screen in your AppMySite account.
- Paste your Google Firebase server key and upload the google-services.json file in the Firebase Configuration field.
- Click on Build app to generate your Android app build.